Max Planck Institute for Mathematics in the Sciences
sachi.hashimoto [at] mis [dot] mpg [dot] de
Office: F3 13
I am broadly interested in number theory and algebraic geometry. More specifically, I am interested in rational points and explicit methods in arithmetic geometry.
- Geometric quadratic Chabauty and p-adic heights (with Juanita Duque-Rosero and Pim Spelier), arXiv:2207.10389.
- Quadratic Chabauty and p-adic Gross-Zagier, arXiv:2206.08595.
- A geometric linear Chabauty comparison theorem (with Pim Spelier), Acta Arithmetica 202 (2022), no. 1, 67–88. 11G30 (11D45).
- A transcendental Brauer-Manin obstruction to weak approximation on a Calabi-Yau threefold (with Katrina Honigs, Alicia Lamarche, and Isabel Vogt, and an appendix by Nicolas Addington),
Research in Number Theory 8 (2022), no. 1, Paper No. 12.
38406501359372282063949 & all that: Monodromy of Fano Problems (with Borys Kadets), International Mathematics Research Notices (2020), rnaa275.
- Chabauty-Coleman computations on rank 1 Picard curves (with Travis Morrison), Arithmetic Geometry, Number Theory, and Computation, Simons Symposia, Springer, 2021, 485-506.
- Computing rational points on rank 0 genus 3 hyperelliptic curves (with María Inés de Frutos-Fernández), Arithmetic Geometry, Number Theory, and Computation, Simons Symposia, Springer, 2021, 449-460.
Here are some expository notes on the geometric quadratic Chabauty theory of Edixhoven and Lido.
I'm co-organizing a community seminar for learning about math at the ICM at MPI MiS in during June and early July. Events will be posted on the seminar schedule, or you can reach out for more info!
Teaching and Outreach
- Directed Reading Program at Boston University, co-founder and co-director, 2018 - 2022
- Proof School, 2015-2017, middle and high school teacher
- Canada/USA Mathcamp, summers 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019
- Love Math!, a festival for girls, co-founder and co-director, 2016 - 2019.